Welcome! Wilkommen!

I would like to welcome you to my European Extravaganza blog. I intend to use this blog to share my advantures abroad as a Fulbright Scholar. This blog will give my family and friends back home a chance to know what I am up to through posts and pictures. I hope you will share in my experiences and have some fun with me. - Emma

Zwinger

Zwinger
Dresden Palace and Museum

Sunday, January 9, 2011

German Christmas Tree

When I arrive back in Dresden, the family who I am renting from were home and still had their Christmas Tree up. It was so beautiful and traditional, that I had to have pictures.

A German Christmas Tree during the day...

lit up at night...

and up close.

As you can see, the trees used here are not so full allowing for the use of candles. Maybe it is just me, but I think the simpleness of this tree is beautiful and puts me in mind of what Christmas Tress looked like long ago.

2 comments:

  1. The tree is so beautiful, Emma!
    Thank you for sharing!!

    I hope 2011 continues to be adventurous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, just loved it, Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete